HOWIE SIMON BIO
* Howie began playing guitar at age 6 in his hometown of
* In 1989 Howie joined the East Coast regional touring hard rock act "Ice Water Mansion" where he performed over 300 live shows in 10 different states during a 2 year span. Howie was also a winner at the 1989 Buffalo Music Awards in the Best Hard Rock Guitarist category.
* Howie then continued to tour in the Northeastern U.S.
playing hundreds of shows with his own band "Storm Warning" until his
* Beginning in 1995
Howie amassed 6 European tours covering 5 different countries with hard rock
singer/songwriter Ken Tamplin. This included various guitar clinics and a live
TV appearance in
* 1998 saw a promotional tour of
* In the summer of 2000, Howie's Metallica tribute band
Alcoholica went on the Napster sponsored "Back To
* 2002 was the start of Howie’s association with hard rock vocalist Jeff Scott Soto (ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, Eyes, “Rock Star” movie soundtrack) with an appearance on JSS’s “Prism” cd. This included a cover of Sly and The Family Stone’s “I Want To Take You Higher” that also featured Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple, Black Sabbath).
* Appeared at the "Gods Of
AOR" festival in the
* 2003 saw Howie joining JSS again for 2 treks to
* In 2003, Howie also joined JSS in his
* 2004 had Howie writing and recording with JSS on his “Lost
In The Translation” cd that also features guest guitarist
Neal Schon (Journey) on one track. Preceding
the album was a short mini tour of the
* 2005 was a continuation of the “Lost In
The Translation” tour with 10 European countries visited. The JSS band then went on a 3 week South
American tour with shows in
* Since 2003 Howie has performed numerous
* Howie began teaching guitar at age 17 and currently has 20-25 private students every week.
* Howie lists his guitar influences as: John Sykes, Yngwie Malmsteen, Gary Moore, Vinnie Moore, Paul Gilbert, and Michael Schenker.
* His guitar playing has appeared on various movie and TV soundtracks as well as television commercials, and he has guested on numerous cds.
* Current endorsers include D’Addario Strings, DiMarzio Pickups, Jim Dunlop Accessories, Nady Wireless Systems, Groove Tubes, and L.R. Baggs Acoustic Pre-Amps.